- In the rules and regulation for participation in the Zimbabwe Schools expo, the term “exhibitor” shall include all employees, volunteers, servants or agents of any individual school, company or organisation that applied for space for the
purpose of exhibiting.
- The term “exhibition” shall mean the Zimbabwe Schools Expo .
- The term “organiser” shall mean the organising committee of the Zimbabwe Schools Expo which is authorized to organize the exhibition.
Application for participation
- The contract shall be established when the exhibitor submits the application form duly signed and pays the organizer the participation fee in full of the space and/or stand cost. The organiser however may defer or refuse the acceptance of an application in the event that sufficient space is not available or the announced exhibit is considered by the organiser not germane to the exhibition.
Allocation of exhibition Space
- The organizer shall allocate the space in accordance with the order of the application, size of space applied for, the nature of the exhibits or in the manner of the organizer deems fit.
- The organiser shall reserve the right to chance the location and/or the size of the space allocated to the exhibitor at any time prior to the commencement of the build-up of the exhibition
should exceptional circumstances demand, and the exhibitor shall have no claim for compensation as a result of changes.
Use of exhibit space
- Exhibitors are not allowed to sublet space allotted to them to other parties, either wholly or in part, without written consent of the organiser.
- Schools or companies other than those specified on the application form and accepted by the organiser has the right to remove all unapproved exhibits at the cost of the exhibitor.
- The exhibitor shall operate and demonstrate its exhibit so as not to annoy, endanger or interfere with the rights of other exhibitors and visitors. Any practice resulting in complaints may be prohibited by the organiser.
- The organiser shall reserve the right to remove exhibits if a complaint is filed.
Terms of payments
- The participation fee and/or relevant stand charges must be paid in full before the time of the exhibition.
- Charges for other services or supplies ordered separately are payable within the time period specified at the invoice.
- The participation fee shall be paid by the due date. Otherwise the organiser has the right to cancel the contract and dispose
the space at his discretion. And in case he does, the participation fee already paid shall not be refunded.
Breach of contract and Withdrawal by exhibitor
- In the event of abandonment or rejection of all allocated space, the organizer has the right to cancel the exhibitor’s application. In this case the participation fee already
paid will be not be refunded unless abandonment or rejection of allocated space is as a result of force majeure.
Cancellation and changes of the exhibition
- In the event of the cancellation of the exhibition by the organiser, the participation fee paid will be refunded. But if cancellation was caused by force majeure,
the fee will not be refunded. The organiser reserves the right to change the venue and duration of the exhibition if exceptional circumstances demand. In this case
the fee paid will not be refunded and the exhibitor shall have no claim for the compensation as a result of the changes.
- In the event of cancellation by the exhibitor, no refund will be given for the cancellation of space after part-payment or full payment has been made.
The space shall be re-assigned without benefit or refund to the exhibitor.
Decorations of stand and display.
- All exhibitors must complete their decorations and move in and display of exhibits by the date and time stipulated by the organiser.
Securities and risk insurance
- The organiser shall reserve the right to limit any constructions or demonstrations that pose potential safety hazards.
- The exhibitors shall be held responsible for any loss or theft of, or damage to exhibits, stand fittings or any article belonging
to the exhibitor, during the construction, exhibition and dismantling periods.
- In the event that the exhibitor intentionally or negligently causes a fire, theft breakage or other accidents inflicting damages to
the organiser or others, the exhibitor shall be responsible for damages.
- Exhibitors shall be responsible for insuring goods exhibited. The organiser shall not be liable for any damage or loss to exhibits and stand fittings.
- Materials used in the stand and display construction must be properly fireproofed.
- The organiser has the right, should circumstances necessitate, to make changes in the exhibitor stand for fire control.
- Whenever necessary, the organizer shall have the right to issue supplementary regulations in addition to those in
the rules and regulations for the participation in the Zimbabwe Schools Expo.
- Any additional written regulation instructions shall form part of the rules and regulations for the participation in the Zimbabwe Schools Expo.
- The Exhibitor shall also observe the regulations for the management of the exhibition space of Celebration Centre, Harare.
Arbitration of Disputes
- Any dispute, difference or question which may arise at any time hereafter between the organizer and the exhibitor touching on the true construction of the terms and conditions for participation or the rights
and liabilities of the parties hereto shall be finally settled by arbitration.